Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Cure for the Yukkies

You know, I have been shamed by the amount of time I have spent reading novels and watching television compared to the amount of time I have spent in God's Holy Word. I was feeling yukky about what was going on inside my spirit until one day God brought to my mind, "Garbage in, garbage out." I am a techno geak, I love electronics, so God knew how to get my attention. Instantly I knew He was right. I couldn't keep surrounding myself with all the immorality that society seems to accept as the norm and not be affected by it. No wonder I was feeling yukky inside! I was swimming in dirty water!

I have picked up Tyndale publishing's Discovering God Study Bible NLT commissioned by Dr William (BILL) Bright, founder of Campus Crusade for Christ, and have been so facinated by what I am now seeing as the similarities between biblical times and current times that I can hardly put the book down! Solomon stated "there is nothing new under the sun" and boy, was he not kidding! Amazingly, though, I am not worried. Why? Because I have faith that God is in control and will "work all things unto the glory of God." But to trust, one must know God. And to know God, one must be in His Word. And to be in His Word, is to surround onself with God's holiness and goodness. My insides are starting to feel pretty good again!

No comments: